I am currently a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Optimization and Optimal Control group at the University of Bremen. From 2014 to 2016, I have been a Postdoctoral Fellow at Northwestern University, USA. I hold a Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from the University of Paderborn, Germany for my dissertation entitled “On the Optimal Control of Mechanical Systems — Hybrid Control Strategies and Hybrid Dynamics”. From 2003 to 2008, I studied Technomathematik (mathematics and engineering with a focus on mechanical engineering) in Paderborn.
Though I was born in Bielefeld, a city adjacent to Paderborn, I grew up in a very small town in the northern part of Germany. During my first Postdoc, I lived in Chicago, the 3rd largest city in the USA. It so happened that I am now back in northern Germany, living and working in the pretty city of Bremen.
|since 01/2016||Postdoctoral Researcher in the Optimization and Optimal Control group, Center for Industrial Mathematics, University of Bremen, Germany, with Prof. Dr. Christof Büskens|
|02/2016 – 10/2016||Parental leave|
|07/2014 – 12/2015||Postdoctoral Fellow in the Neuroscience and Robotics Lab, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, USA, with Prof. Todd Murphey, Ph.D.|
|04/2008 – 06/2014||Research Assistant in the Computational Dynamics and Optimal Control group at the Chair of Applied Mathematics, University of Paderborn, Germany, with Jun.-Prof. Dr. Sina Ober-Blöbaum and Prof. Dr. Michael Dellnitz|
|06/2012 & 08/2010||Research stays at the Northwestern University, Evanston, USA, and at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, USA|
|04/2008 – 06/2013||Research Assistant in the DFG Collaborative Research Centre „Self-Optimizing Concepts and Structures in Mechanical Engineering“|
|10/2003 – 03/2008||Studies in „Technomathematik“ at the University of Paderborn (mathematics and engineering)|
|11/2003 – 03/2008||Scholarship of the German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)|
- Associated member of Research Training Group Pi^3: Parameter Identification – Analysis, Algorithms, Applications
- Member of the International Committee of Northwestern University Postdoctoral Forum (until 12/2015)
- Organizer of the Minisymposium „Optimization and Optimization-based Control Methods for Industrial Applications“ at ECMI 2014, European Conference on Mathematics for Industry, June 9 – 13, 2014, Taormina, Italy
- Reviewer for international scientific journals and conferences
- Coordinator of the project area „Basics and Potential of Self-Optimization“ in the Collaborative Research Centre SFB 614, University of Paderborn (until 06/2013)